[llvm-dev] Mac downloads at http://releases.llvm.org/download.html recently requiring latest MacOS

Zac Hansen via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 1 16:13:46 PDT 2018

The past few packages on http://releases.llvm.org/download.html for mac
have required the latest version of mac os.  Previously they were built for
10.5 (I believe).

I was just wondering if there is a technical reason for this change in
requirements and if not, if it could be revered.  I have systems I actively
use which are 10.10 and 10.11 and it would be awesome if I didn't have to
build new releases, as it takes quite a while on my older hardware.

Thank you.

P.S.  If anyone needs to build a release for themselves, I believe the
process is:

clone LLVM from github - https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm

get target OS darwin version from here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_(operating_system) - in the example
below I'm building for 14.5.0

llvm/utils/release/test-release.sh -release 6.0.0 -final -triple
x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0

results in:
llvm/utils/release/final/clang+llvm-6.0.0-x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0.tar.xz