[llvm-dev] [LLD] Mixing bitcode and native code

Carlo Kok via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 30 11:55:20 PDT 2018

The problem is a bitcode implementation that has a stdcall function that's used from native code. 1 side has _elements_exception_handler, compiled that would be __elements_exception_handler at 20 due to stdcall. The native bit has the mangled name and the linker can't find it as the bitcode indexes have it without mangling.

I'll try to prepare a testcase when I get back in the office.

Rui Ueyama <ruiu at google.com> schreef op 30 maart 2018 19:17:06 CEST:
>Mixing native and bitcode files should just work, and that happens all
>the
>time, as most programs need at least crt.o (which is a precompiled
>native
>object file containing startup code).
>
>Could you elaborate the issue a bit? It might be a bug in lld.
>

>On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 3:11 AM Carlo Kok via llvm-dev <
>llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 30, 2018, at 11:23, Carlo Kok via llvm-dev wrote:
>> > When having a project that's partially bitcode and partially native
>> code, should lld allow linking a native .o to a bitcode .o?
>> >
>> > specifically in my case, I've got an stdcall function in bitcode,
>called
>> by native code, but it can't find the symbol (bitcode has it
>> > unmangled, native code with _ and @20)
>>

>> When having thinlto enabled in both ends the same thing happens (but
>> bitcode on both ends works fine)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Android apparaat met K-9 Mail. Excuseer mijn beknoptheid.