[llvm-dev] [pre-RFC] Data races in concurrent ThinLTO processes

Steven Wu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 27 10:59:16 PDT 2018

> On Mar 27, 2018, at 2:28 AM, katya.romanova at sony.com wrote:

Sorry I completely misunderstood the situation in the beginning. I don't see any problem modifying the cache when one process already has the file open. It is actually part of the POSIX standard that the file should only be removed after all the references to the file are removed. So as long as our implementation is POSIX-compliant, this is not an issue.

Steven