[llvm-dev] Opt Bisect layering

Yevgeny Rouban via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 21 22:20:29 PDT 2018

Andrew,

I would not make the caller pass the description of the IR unit. That is
because it would result in the description generated every time even if
OptBisect is disabled. Description generation is not very chip.
Thinking on the OptBisect extension, I believe passing the units are the
right choice because OptPassGates may use them to make pass skipping
decisions.

-Yevgeny Rouban