[llvm-dev] MIR YAML deserialisation failure

Sean Fertile via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 19 20:51:56 PDT 2018

Hello Valentin,

To generate a mir test case i think the process is to first create an IR
file by passing '-S -emit-llvm' to clang, then you can feed that file into
llc and use stop-before to get the mir just before the if-converter pass,
eg: `llc -stop-before=if-converter  -simplify-mir -o test.mir test.ll`.

Also there is a MIR language reference:
https://llvm.org/docs/MIRLangRef.html which has some of the limitations
documented, as well as tips for further simplifying the generated mir if
need be.

Regards,
Sean