[llvm-dev] "Build Experimental Targets not working"

Ahmed Samara via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 15 16:41:22 PDT 2018

 I tried to build LLVM to include the RISCV (experimental) target. I
noticed that the instructions on the wiki were out of dat because they said
to use '-DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD', but this gave a warning to use
`LLVM_EXPERIMENTAL_TARGETS_TO_BUILD`
as well (or instead?).

So I compiled with these options:

cmake  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=MinSizeRel -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc
> -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../install
> -DLLVM_OPTIMIZED_TABLEGEN=On -LLVM_EXPERIMENTAL_TARGETS_TO_BUILD="RISCV"
> -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BULD="RISCV" ..

However after completing that compilation I get this message:

CMake Warning:
>   Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:
>     LLVM_TARGETS_TO_BULD

And RISCV does not show up as a target in `llc --version`

--
Ahmed Samara
M.S. Computer Engineering