[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Clang executable sizes and build stats

Craig Topper via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Mar 17 16:04:00 PDT 2018

I'm sure the x86 scheduler models are causing bloat. Every time a single
instruction appears on a line by itself like this in a scheduler model:

def: InstRW<[SBWriteResGroup2], (instregex "ANDNPDrr")>;

It causes that instruction to be its own group in the generated output. And
its replicated for each CPU. We should look into better using regular
expressions or taking advantage of the fact that InstRW can take a list of
instructions. That makes those instructions part of a single group and the
tablegen backend will only split the group if two CPUs have different
ports, latency, etc. for instructions within the group.

~Craig