[llvm-dev] Migration from 3.8 to 6.0 questions (segfault most concerning)

edA-qa mort-ora-y via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 16 23:48:57 PDT 2018

I'm encountering a few problems in my migration that I haven't yet
figured out.

`getOrInsertFunction` is generating a SEGFAULT at
FunctionType::isValidArgumentType(llvm::Type*).  I'm calling it as:

    generic_ptr_ = llvm::PointerType::get(
llvm::Type::getInt8Ty(context), 0 );
    f_natural_int = llvm::IntegerType::get(context, 64);
    module->getOrInsertFunction(
        "count_malloc", generic_ptr, f_natural_int, (llvm::Type*)0 );

It appears there is no more Reloc::Default or CodeModel::Default, but
the docs on those fields indicate there is still a target default. How
do I get the default relocation and codeModel?

I'm still using the legacy::PassManager. Is there a new way to do the
passes now?

There docs still reference `tool_output_file*`*, but it appears the new
name, in the header, is `ToolOutputFile`.
https://llvm.org/doxygen/classllvm_1_1tool__output__file.html

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
	http://mortoray.com/

Creator of the Leaf language
	http://leaflang.org/

Streaming algorithms, AI, and design on Twitch
	https://www.twitch.tv/mortoray

Twitter
	edaqa