[llvm-dev] How to get c++ function demangled name without parameters.

Fangqing Du via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 16 11:15:05 PDT 2018

Hi all,

We know that 'ItaniumDemangle' has been added into llvm lib to resolve
demangling related issues.

And if we dump mangled function name '_Z3duti' into 'char
*llvm::itaniumDemangle(const char *mangled_name, char *buf, size_t *n, int
*status)', we will get 'dut(int)'.

So my question is:
How can I just get the function name 'dut' without parameters, like
'(int)', in above case?

(We know that there is a GNU project, named libiberty, which can provide
several different demangling types through a demangling option. However,
libiberty is an old c lib. So do we have any replacement?)