[llvm-dev] [PDB] [JIT] Write to PDB file when COFFObjectFile is emitted by JIT

Vivien Millet via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 14 15:06:59 PDT 2018

Hi, thanks for the answers, i tried to use LINK.EXE to produce a pdb, but
unfortunately, it produces an empty pdb (i have debug symbols in the dumped
.obj because I can see them with PEViewer).
It is probably because i have undefined symbols, which is logical because
i'm dumping machine code which points to running native code. I still dont
understand why LINK.EXE is not able to produce a valid pdb for my valid
symbols even if all symbols referenced are not resolved.
Do you think LLD would do the same if the .obj is not 'valid' by itself
alone ?