[llvm-dev] [RFC] llvm-mca: a static performance analysis tool

Andrew Trick via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 2 09:33:28 PST 2018

+Ahmed

> On Mar 2, 2018, at 6:42 AM, Andrea Di Biagio <andrea.dibiagio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> There are a number of people on llvm-dev who can explain better than I how to decompile into MachineInstrs. I’m not totally opposed to checking in something that works with MCInstr, but this does run strongly contrary to the design of LLVM’s subtarget support.
>
> That would be great! I would be very happy if somebody suggests how to do it (or does it for me :-)).

I know that’s it’s been done before, it’s an extremely useful technique, and work in that direction should be strongly encouraged. I don’t know the current state of in-tree support.

Ahmed?

> Do you think the current design (modulo the changes suggested in the review) would be acceptable to start?

I’ll let others review the patch. The fact that you have collaborators in the community is good enough for me.

-Andy