[llvm-dev] LLVM on Windows ARM

Saleem Abdulrasool via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 1 11:20:01 PST 2018

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 1:26 AM Hayden Livingston via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Does LLVM compile on ARM windows machines? More importantly, can LLVM
> generate code on Windows ARM? And lastly can it be hosted on Windows
> ARM so as to act like a JIT compiler for ARM?

Partially.  LLVM can target Windows ARM.  One big caveat: I’ve only added
support for Windows ARM NT, not Windows CE.

I’ve never tried to build LLVM itself to be hosted on Windows ARM though.
I also added the necessary support for the JIT to work for Windows ARM (at
least should be sufficient for evaluating expressions in lldb).  The one
thing that is currently an issue is that we do not emit pdata/xdata which
means that exceptions are not supported right now.  I’d really like to add
that support, but I don’t have the time right now.

Saleem Abdulrasool
compnerd (at) compnerd (dot) org