[llvm-dev] LLVM Weekly - #234, June 25th 2018
Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 25 02:55:32 PDT 2018
LLVM Weekly - #234, June 25th 2018
If you prefer, you can read a HTML version of this email at
Welcome to the two hundred and thirty-fourth issue of LLVM Weekly, a weekly
newsletter (published every Monday) covering developments in LLVM, Clang, and
related projects. LLVM Weekly is brought to you by [Alex
Bradbury](https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-bradbury/). Subscribe to future
issues at <http://llvmweekly.org> and pass it on to anyone else you think may
be interested. Please send any tips or feedback to <asb at asbradbury.org>, or
@llvmweekly or @asbradbury on Twitter.
## News and articles from around the web
The next LLVM Sydney Users and Developers Meetup has been
for this Thursday 28th June. It will feature a deep-dive into LLVM IR and the
The [video recording](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U0eKnZmNwM) of the 12th
LLVM Social Berlin is now available. Stefan Gränitz talks about ThinLTO and
Incremental JIT Compilation.
## On the mailing lists
* Alan Davis is [seeking
his proposed method of modeling pre/post increment/decrement addressing modes.
No responses yet, but I'm sure there are others who are interested.
* Vedant Kumar kicked off an RFC on [removing debug locations from
This generated a reasonable amount of discussion, which Vedant was kind enough
* Piotr Padlewski
he's got a pair of devirtualisation patches up for review and is seeking help
in getting them approved. These show an 80% performance boost in one
microbenchmark, 0.7% on 7zip.
* Duncan P. N. Exon Smith started an RFC thread on [whether SmallVectors
## LLVM commits
* TableGen support for SearchableTables was rewritten to rely on more generic
primitives (GenericEnum, GenericTable, SearchIndex) which allow generating
custom enums and tables with lookup functions.
* The loop unswitching pass learned to perform partial unswitching.
* It is now possible to have tied operands of different classes in aliases.
* The WebAssembly tablegen definitions now describe two parallel instruction
sets: register-based and stack-based.
* The assembler directives added to support CodeView emission have been
* The new Instruction::getNextNonDebugInstruction() and
skipDebugInfo(BasicBlock::iterator) helpers can be used to help skip debug
* foreach TableGen multiclasses can now depend on template arguments.
## Clang commits
* A new protobuf-based fuzzer was added, supporting the generation of LLVM IR.
* The Clang Static Analyzer gained the ability to report uninitialized fields
after object construction. [r334935](https://reviews.llvm.org/rL334935).
* A python tool for dumping and constructor header maps was checked in.
## Other project commits
* UndefinedBehaviourSanitizer now supports reporting diagnostics to a monitor
* liboffload was removed from LLVM's openmp repository.
More information about the llvm-dev