[llvm-dev] MachineFunction Instructions Pass using Segment Registers

Craig Topper via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jun 23 17:45:16 PDT 2018

More specifically there is no instruction that can add/subtract segment
registers. They can only be updated my the mov segment register
instructions, opcodes 0x8c and 0x8e in x86 assembly.

I suggest you write the text version of the assembly you want to generate
and assemble it with llvm-mc. This will tell you if its even valid. After
that you can use -show-inst to print the names of the instructions that X86
uses that you can give to BuildMI.

~Craig