[llvm-dev] MachineFunction Instructions Pass using Segment Registers

Craig Topper via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jun 23 17:36:01 PDT 2018

The SUB32ri can't instruction can't operate on segment registers. It
operates on EAX/EBX/EDX/ECX/EBP, etc. When it gets encoded only 3 or 4 bits
of the register value make it into the binary encoding. Objdump just
extracts those 3 or 4 bits back out and prints one of the
EAX/EBX/EDX/ECX/EBP registers that those bits correspond to.

~Craig