[llvm-dev] XRay feature – fdr log flushing

Dean Michael Berris via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 11 17:27:41 PDT 2018

> On 12 Jun 2018, at 07:50, Henry Zhu via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>

> Also, I’ve noticed that FDR mode doesn’t flush to a log unless programmatically configured to do so unlike basic mode, which flushes by default. Would it be possible to add this feature as well?

FDR mode is specifically implemented so that the log is only flushed on-demand. Can you describe the use-case for “default flushing” a little bit more?

Adding an “exit handler” that will flush the currently installed XRay mode is tricky, but not impossible. It’s definitely something worth exploring more.

Cheers

-- Dean