[llvm-dev] Vectorizing remainder loop

hameeza ahmed via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jul 29 02:52:32 PDT 2018

Hello, I m working on a hardware with very large vector width till v2048.
Now when I vectorize using llvm default vectorizer maximum 2047 iterations
are scalar remainder loop. These are not vectorized by llvm which increases
the cost. However these should be vectorized using next available vector
width I.e v1024, v512, v256, v128, v64, v32, v16, v8, v4.....

The issue of scalar remainder loop has been there in llvm but this issue is
enhanced and can't be ignored with large vector width. This is very
important and significant to solve this issue.

Please help. I m trying to see loopvectorizer.cpp but unable to figure out
actual code to make changes.

It's very important for me to solve this issue.

Please help.

Thank you