[llvm-dev] Requesting for help.

sumedh jambekar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 19 02:46:20 PDT 2018

Hi,

This mail is regarding the help required from you guys on the LLVM compiler.

I have compiled and built the LLVM compiler myself by looking into the
https://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html  website. I am using the gold
linker for linking the code. While linking the code, I am hitting the issue
stating that "undefined reference to printf()".

Now, as far as the printf() function is concerned, it is present in the
libc library normally. However, this library is not present in the LLVM
toolchain. I also tried to look for printf() into the libraries in the LLVM
tool chain, but I could not find it. I am using the command nm *.* | grep
printf in the libraries in the tool chain.

Can you please help me how to continue? How and which library do I need to
install to make the printf() available to the gold linker?
Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Sumedh