[llvm-dev] Upstreaming Exception Handling support for Windows on ARM64

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 17 12:04:08 PDT 2018

Hi,

We would like to upstream exception handling support for Windows on ARM64.
Microsoft-published specifications can be found here:

a)
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/build/arm64-exception-handling

b)
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/build/arm64-windows-abi-conventions

We propose the following approach:

1)            Upstream miscellaneous clang and llvm patches that are needed
for exception handling on ARM64 Windows.  These are small patches that deal
with the ABI, relocations, etc.  There are around 8 or 9 patches to
upstream.

2)            Upstream the MCLayer part.  This mostly deals with unwinding
opcodes that are described in a).  This will probably consist of two
patches.

3)            Upstream the AArch64 frame lowering part.  This mostly deals
with emitting unwinding opcodes, as well as some small changes to the
exception handling tables.  Probably two patches.

4)            Upstream setjmp support.  This consists of two patches (one
clang and one llvm).

Any thoughts?

Mandeep and I will start upstreaming shortly.

Thanks,

Sanjin