[llvm-dev] Syntax for FileCheck numeric variables and expressions

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 16 10:39:33 PDT 2018

My immediate reaction is that I'd rather not have FileCheck get into
the business of handling printf specifiers.  OTOH, while LLVM tools
do typically print lowercase hex, that's not guaranteed, and looking
at the output of other tools can be useful too.  So, a way to specify
the case for a hex conversion seems worthwhile.

I had also been thinking in terms of the trailing colon to distinguish
definition from use, as James suggested, that's sort-of consistent
with the current syntax.

This is starting to make parsing the insides of [[]] much more involved,
so you'll want to pay attention to making that code well-structured and
readable.
--paulr