[llvm-dev] Repeating remarks in diagnostics of loop vectorization

CHINNAM KRISHNA CHAITANYA via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 13 09:30:06 PDT 2018

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why remarks are repeated while using diagnostics flags
like -Rpass-missed=loop-vectorize and -Rpass=loop-vectorize?

And sometimes the remarks don't seem to be in the proper order (e.g
diagnosis of line 230 is printed before 210 and then 230 is printed again).

Is this expected behaviour? I'm building and testing using the lnt tool.

Also I'm building with single thread to avoid multiple threads writing
simultaneously.

Sorry if this stuff is trivial.

Thanks
Krishna Chaitanya