[llvm-dev] debug_rnglists status

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 12 10:32:02 PDT 2018

Hi Victor,

The work Wolfgang is doing should get us to the "minimum syntactically
correct DWARF v5" stage, which we really wanted to have for LLVM 7.0.
That is, once we have .debug_rnglists and .debug_loclists done, you can
ask for DWARF 5 and get something that conforms to the spec.  However,
it won't conform if you ask for type units (I'm working on that) or
split DWARF.

If your motivation is to help reduce the number of relocations needed,
then working on the .debug_addr section is definitely the next step.
This will reduce relocations in pretty much every other DWARF section.

If you have other goals, let us know what they are.
Thanks,
--paulr