[llvm-dev] Linking Kaleidoscope-8 wants all targets

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 2 10:16:32 PDT 2018

Hmm, actually, looks intentional from reading Chapter 8 (
https://llvm.org/docs/tutorial/LangImpl08.html ) - which says that it's
doing it, and explains that the compilation command needs to be different,
showing how to use llvm-config for this example.

One reason might be, though it's not demonstrated, that the default target
triple for the LLVM build being used may not be the native target - or it
may be overridden at runtime by LLVM_TARGET_TRIPLE_ENV to be not the native
target.

Andy - please check the tutorial for instructions on how to build Chapter 8
(& 9 is probably the same, but the chapter should tell you how to build it
if it's any different again).

- Dave