[llvm-dev] Debuggability of -O1 level

Son Tuan VU via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 29 07:34:57 PST 2018

Hello all,

I've found an old post (November 2016)
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2016-November/107006.html which
discussed debug information for optimized code. At the end of that
discussion, Adrian broached the interest in making -O1 only enable
optimizations. I see in the code (
*clang/lib/Frontend/CompilerInvocation.cpp*, in function
*getOptimizationLevel*) that *-Og* option is equivalent to *-O1*. Does this
mean any progress on making *-O1* the GCC's *-Og*? If not, would someone
kindly tell me what is holding the debuggability at *-O1* back? Which
optimization passes are removing our debug info at this *-O1* level?

Thank you for your help,

Son Tuan Vu