[llvm-dev] [lldb-dev] Trying out lld to link windows binaries (using msvc as a compiler)

Leonardo Santagada via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 26 11:23:10 PST 2018

Okay, apparently coff2yaml and yaml2coff are not in a great place as they
both don't deal well with the fact that you can have overlapping sections,
which seems to be what clang-cl produces (the .data section points to the
same place as a later section). Which is not a big big problem for me
particularly because msvc doesn't even generate .data sections in .obj.

I'm trying to put support for .bss sections in both coff2yaml and
yaml2coff... but I still can link just fine with my transformations
clang-cl generated files... what does give me problems is msvc .obj files.
Have you tried to link one of these?

--

Leonardo Santagada