[llvm-dev] svn problem checking out test suite

Bill Seurer via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 26 08:13:26 PST 2018

I updated one of the powerpc64 lnt buildbot machines to a new OS release
and the buildbot started failing every run when it tries to check out
the test suite.

The checkout will run for a while then always fails like this:

/usr/bin/svn checkout --non-interactive --no-auth-cache --revision
323463 http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/test-suite/trunk@323463
test/test-suite
  in dir /home/buildbots/ppc64be-clang-lnt-test/clang-ppc64be-lnt
(timeout 1200 secs)
...lots of files checked out...
svn: E000104: Error running context: Connection reset by peer

I stopped the bot from running for now because it was just failing every
time.

I tried checking out the test suite by hand on the same machine with the
same results.  If I restart the checkout (or do an svn update) it will
run a bit longer then fail.  Eventually I figured out that 3 files were
causing the problem:

MultiSource/Applications/ClamAV/inputs/rtf-test/Doc1.rtf
MultiSource/Applications/ClamAV/inputs/rtf-test/docCLAMexe.rtf
MultiSource/Applications/ClamAV/inputs/rtf-test/rtf1.rtf

I tried on other powerpc64 machines (various distros and BE/LE) and it
works on all of them UNLESS they are using the latest version of svn,
version 1.9.7 (r1800392).  The latest svn version that worked on a
powerpc64 machine was 1.9.5.

Hmmm.  It also will fail on a mac running svn 1.9.4.

1.9.7 on a powerpc64 BE machine or on the mac with 1.9.4 always
eventually gives the "Connection reset by peer" and 1.9.7 hangs on a
powerpc64 LE machine.

Is there be something wrong with those 3 files?  I am really hoping that
svn isn't broken.
--

-Bill Seurer