[llvm-dev] Adding a new target to 'llvm-lld'

Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 25 07:46:32 PST 2018

On 25 January 2018 at 15:38, ORiordan, Martin via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Hi LLVM-Devs,
>
> I am considering switching to using 'llvm-lld' instead of Gnu 'ld' in a future revision of our out-of-tree target, and I am wondering is there a getting started guide for how to go about extending 'llvm-lld' to support an additional target.

I don't believe there is, but the patches from Chih-Mao Chen for
RISC-V support seemed well structured to me, so may be useful to learn
from:
* https://reviews.llvm.org/D39322
* https://reviews.llvm.org/D39323
* https://reviews.llvm.org/D39324

As a side note: if any LLD devs have time to review these patches, it
would be hugely appreciated.

Best,

Alex