[llvm-dev] Late setting of SCEV NoWrap flags does bad with cache

Maxim Kazantsev via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 25 04:27:06 PST 2018

Hi Evgeny,

Thanks for reaching out! These patches related to expander are not specifically about what I was implying. As far as I'm aware, they fix a functional problem (and sometimes there is some inefficiency in the result of their operation because we lack a clenup pass after). In my case, there is no functional bug. But there is unavility of SCEV to prove some trivial fact due to outdated memoized data.

I was talking about different caches (in fact, SCEV has a plenty of them). Specifically, I imply maps "SignedRanges", "UnsignedRanges" and other maps that get touched by method "forgetMemoizedResults".

Thanks,
Max