[llvm-dev] Dumping debug information from BC files

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 18 00:04:23 PST 2018

Thank you for your reply.

When I'm running "llvm-readobj" on an .obj file I get a result like shown
in my attachment. This is very easy to read. I don't know if this is the
codeview format. I would like to get this kind of debug information form a
.bc file too, because I JIT them and wanted to try to build a debugger.
With the file from "llvm-readobj" I see no problem - but when using the
metadata I have no clue how to find variables on the stack - there are
only this intrinsics, but I don't know how to handle them.
Maybe I asked the wrong question :/