[llvm-dev] Source level code transformation V.S. IR-level code transformation

陳韋任 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 16 04:43:54 PST 2018

> Thanks Weiren!
>
>     My goal is to transform the code automatically by doing some code
> analysis, instead of rewriting it manually.
>
>     To do this source level auto transformation, do you have any
> suggestions on what tool to use? Thanks again!!

What I mean is, I would modify the code manually and see if SLP works on
it. If so, we know what code
​ we have to output in the end, and

​this is​
the first step. Then
 know if the transformation can be done in source or IR level.
​You can compare the IR ​
before and after the
​ modification
​ to know if IR transformation can be done easily or not. If it's easy,
then write a IR transformation; otherwise, you can do source transformation
by using LibTooling [1]. Asking question about
LibTooling
​ on cfe-dev  [2] would be appropriate.
​

[1]