[llvm-dev] (no subject)

Martin J. O'Riordan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 15 13:53:08 PST 2018

Thanks Tobias,

I am really looking forward to trying out the true integrated Polly and I hope to provide good positive feedback.

Since I am maintaining an "out of tree" target, I generally update on each release - I call it the Big Bang update because of the difficulties this presents.  At the moment our target is based on the v5.0.0 sources, and I hope to update to the v6.0.0 sources very soon.

Our target is VLIW with a lot of vectorisation support.  Polly in theory should be good for our platform, mainly because the transformations it provides should eventually yield better ILP (more operations per instruction).  Previously I have tried Polly with limited benefits, and almost all of the negatives were because the out-of-tree Polly was not engaging TTI into its decision making, and I am very interested in seeing what has been added to TTI for Polly that will allow me to tune its behaviour.

Looking forward to using Polly as a first-class citizen of LLVM, and thanks for your huge work in this contribution.

	MartinO