[llvm-dev] StripDeadDebugInfo for static inline functions.

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 12 10:21:13 PST 2018

I'm not as familiar with all the ins and outs of metadata as maybe I should be, but ultimately the inlined function should have a DWARF description contained within the description of the caller (which is why you're seeing the call to constructAbstractSubprogramScopeDIE).  That suggests that the DISubprogram for the inlined function ought to remain, and its scope should be the DICompileUnit.
--paulr