[llvm-dev] How to get started with instruction scheduling? Advice needed.

Leslie Zhai via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 11 04:10:30 PST 2018

Hi Phil,

 > I've been watching this presentation from a 2014 LLVM dev meeting

Thanks for your sharing!

I am reviewing:

* The chapter 10 (Instruction Level Parallelism) and chapter 11
(Optimizing for Parallelism and Locality) of Compiler Principle[1]

* Adding and Optimizing a Subtarget for MIScheduler[2] by Dave Estes

* Scheduler for in-order processors - what's present and what's missing
in LLVM[3] by Javed Absar

* Writing Great Machine Schedulers[4] by Javed Absar and Florian Hahn

Hi Alex,

Please leading me to implement Machine scheduling model for at least one
core (e.g. Rocket, PULP)[5]

Rocket - RV64G - "in-order", single-issue applicaEon core, BOOM - RV64G
- "out-of-order", superscalar applicaEon core[6]

So what about PULP? is it in-order or out-of-order?

Hi LLVM developers,

Welcome to review our work about porting GlobalISel to RISCV[7] and give
us some suggestion, thanks a lot!

[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compilers:_Principles,_Techniques,_and_Tools

[2] https://llvm.org/devmtg/2014-10/Slides/Estes-MISchedulerTutorial.pdf