[llvm-dev] Relationship between clang, opt and llc

Craig Topper via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 5 16:55:10 PST 2018

O0 didn't start applying optnone until r304127 in May 2017 which is after
the 4.0 family was branched. So only 5.0, 6.0, and trunk have that
behavior. Commit message copied below

Author: Mehdi Amini <joker.eph at gmail.com>

Date:   Mon May 29 05:38:20 2017 +0000

    IRGen: Add optnone attribute on function during O0

    Amongst other, this will help LTO to correctly handle/honor files

    compiled with O0, helping debugging failures.

    It also seems in line with how we handle other options, like how

    -fnoinline adds the appropriate attribute as well.

    Differential Revision: https://reviews.llvm.org/D28404

~Craig