[llvm-dev] Testing End-To-End Functionality of Specific Optimization

Eli Davis via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 2 11:16:17 PST 2018

Hello!

I am writing an instrumentation pass using LLVM. I have unit tests using
llvm-lit in the style of the tests in llvm/test to make sure the IR
changes show up in the correct place. I would also like to have some
end-to-end tests that start from a .c file, compile the program, run it,
and check the output.

I imagine I could do this as a test in the same style, but I'm wondering
if that's the llvm-correct way of doing it. Can anyone advise?

Thank you!

Eli