[llvm-dev] New LLD performance builder

Galina Kistanova via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 27 12:32:18 PST 2018

Yep. They are still clustered.

>  Is there anything else running on the machine while the tests are run?

Not much. The usual buildslave stuff - buildbot, ssh server, some light
network services, snmp client, but that's pretty much it. 20 hardware
threads are designated for this.

The test runs on designated for tests only 10 CPUs shielded.
There only perf and lld runs. All the obj files for the tests and the
linker itself are on tmpfs, so no disk I/O is involved. Swap file is
(almost) empty - few MBs is in use.

It might be that different CPUs gets used for different test runs, as the
script starts each run from the scratch. Just a guess. I will look in to
this closer.
I'll take the bot off line to see if having perf running the tests multiple
times would give a better result. And would try to reduce the number of
designated CPUs to see how that would affect the numbers as well.

Thanks

Galina