[llvm-dev] LLVM Weekly - #217, Feb 26th 2018
Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 26 10:17:11 PST 2018
LLVM Weekly - #217, Feb 26th 2018
If you prefer, you can read a HTML version of this email at
Welcome to the two hundred and seventeenth issue of LLVM Weekly, a weekly
newsletter (published every Monday) covering developments in LLVM, Clang, and
related projects. LLVM Weekly is brought to you by [Alex
Bradbury](https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-bradbury/). Subscribe to future
issues at <http://llvmweekly.org> and pass it on to anyone else you think may
be interested. Please send any tips or feedback to <asb at asbradbury.org>, or
@llvmweekly or @asbradbury on Twitter.
## News and articles from around the web
The deadline to apply for a EuroLLVM Student Travel Grant [closes today,
February 26th at 5pm
LLVM 6.0.0-rc3 [as been
Version 3.2 of the [SLEEF](http://sleef.org/) vectorized math library has been
released. This includes performance improvements, a new CMake-based build
system, and more.
## On the mailing lists
* Anastasia Stulova is looking for feedback on a [proposal to add OpenCL C++
* Tomeu Vizoso is asking for feedback on [what it would take for the LLVM
community to accept a SPIRV-LLVM
* Chris Jackson has posted an RFC on [adding Visual Studio compatible
diagnostics output to
* Robert Lougher has started the implementation of 'Sceptre', an LLVM pass to
check for Spectre variant 1 vulnerabilities. He is [seeking
* Nicolai Hähnle outlined a [series of in-development TableGen
and has always been [blogged about
## LLVM commits
* A new target option AllowRegisterRenaming has been added, used to opt in to
post-register-allocation renaming of registers.
* Mips gained the very beginnings of GlobalISel support.
* You can now specify the default address space for functions in the LLVM data
layout string. [r325479](http://reviews.llvm.org/rL325479).
* The Mips backend gained support for mitigation against Spectre variant two.
* Wasm objects now contain a first class symbol table.
* TableGen now supports a `!size` operation to give the length of a list.
## Clang commits
* clang-format gained a new `guessLanguage()` function in its ABI.
* clangd added APIs to control when diagnostics are generated.
## Other project commits
* More LLDB tests have been updated so as not to dirty the source tree.
* Polly has updated its bundled version of isl.
More information about the llvm-dev