[llvm-dev] Compiling a benchmark to IR (either from test-suite, or other benchmarks)

Gus Smith via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 26 09:42:58 PST 2018

Hello all.

I'm in need of a benchmark that can be compiled to IR or bytecode. I found
the test-suite project (https://llvm.org/docs/TestSuiteMakefileGuide.html)
and thought a benchmark in that project might work. However, I'm having
trouble figuring out how to actually compile any of the benchmarks to IR or
bytecode. Using cmake and make I can compile them to binaries, but at no
point do I see any bytecode being produced.

The Makefiles in this project have rules for compiling and linking
bytecode. Are there options I need to be passing to cmake or make?

Alternatively, are there other known benchmarks (and associated makefiles)
that compile to IR/bytecode? I can go through the work of setting up
benchmarks to compile to bc/IR, but I figured someone has likely already
done this!

Thanks for the help,
Gus Smith, Penn State