[llvm-dev] Suggentions on modeling a micro architecture with per-operand machine model

Anthony Yu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 26 00:16:03 PST 2018

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how to model an instruction waiting a pipeline unit to
be empty for cycles.

For example, I have a vstr that waits FP pipelines to be empty for at most
3 cycles. I set FP instructions use a resource unit called FPPipe with
resourceCycle=3 and vstr use FPPipe with resourceClycle=0. So scheduler
will know a vstr will wait 3 cycle if it is scheduled right after a FP
instruction.

However, this way will cause one FP instruction waits other FP instruction
for 3 cycle.

Machine Resource model doesn't seem to support resource usage advanced in
cycles, nor have custom logic for scheduler in c codes.

Is there other suggestion? Any will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony