[llvm-dev] Cross-compiling for ARM Cortex-A9 on x86

Yarza Irune via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 23 08:40:49 PST 2018

Hello list,

I have some problems using LLVM version 3.8.0 to cross-compile code for ARM Cortex-A9 on x86.

I am trying to generate LLVM IR using Clang: clang -S --emit-llvm --target=armv7a-linux-gnueabihf --sysroot=$(ARM_SYSROOT) --gcc-toolchain=$(ARM_GCC_TOOLCHAIN) -c -o translated.ll

But somehow clang it is trying to use soft-float and I get the following error: 'gnu/stubs-soft.h' file not found

Is there any way I can specify  to use hard floating point? I have tried -mfloat-abi=hard but Clang does not recognize it.

Please, let me know if there is any other information you need.

Thanks in advance,

Irune