[llvm-dev] [X86] MoveImm flag for instructions

S. Bharadwaj Yadavalli via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 9 13:13:18 PST 2018

I am trying to categorize the machine instructions based on associated
static (i.e., as encoded in .td file) machine description and the
corresponding APIs.
I would like to perform appropriate actions based on the kind of
instruction in a tool that I am working on.

For example, I'd like to distinguish between memop instructions involving
immediate vs register. While it appears that I would be able to accomplish
this by rummaging through the instruction operands, a combination of the
flag(s) MayLoad/MayStore and MoveImm seemed attractive/clean/efficient(?),
if the instruction description did indeed use the flags.

Hence the question.

Thanks,

Bharadwaj