[llvm-dev] C to LLVM IR in python

Brenda So via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 7 08:52:38 PST 2018

Hi,

I am currently trying to convert C to LLVM IR in python. Till now, I have
achieved the task by calling clang in python, but I would like to find
something that can allow me to take a file in python and turn it to LLVM
IR. I looked at some tools online, such as pycparser and llvmcpy, but it
seems like the tool ends at generating the AST but not the IR. Can anyone
suggest other tools that I can use ? And if you succeed in using the
aforementioned tools to generate IR, can you share such insights with me?

Thanks!
Brenda