[llvm-dev] How to compile glibc with clang/llvm?

xuruobin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 22 01:29:20 PST 2018

To whom it may concern,

 	Is there a way to build glibc with clang/llvm? I’m working on enabling llvm-cov for my compiler which is a totally new arch with a libc.a built from newlib. I successfully built compiler-rt but when I typed the command ` clang++ --target=xxx -fprofile-instr-generate -fcoverage-mapping foo.cc -o foo`, the linker failed because of undefined reference to `mmap'/`ftruncate'/`mkdir'. I found these functions are supported by glibc but I cannot bulid glibc with clang/llvm(configure gave me an error “These critical programs are missing or too old: compiler”). So I want to know how can I compile glibc with clang/llvm or are there some WIP patches to help me with this requirement?

Thanks,
Ruobin.