[llvm-dev] Windows /bigobj

Gábor Márton via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 17 07:48:05 PST 2018

Hi Aaron, thanks for your answer.

> We usually try to limit it in cases where it makes sense to do so.
e.g., for a while we would put in efforts to reduce the number of
template instantiations to help avoid this problem. However, I believe
we only do that up to a point.

The corresponding file is a unittest file "ASTImporterTest.cpp" with many
gtest macros, which I suspect do quite many template instantiations.
I don't think it would be easy to reduce the size in this case, but I am
open to any idea.
Is it okay to connect with the buildbot owner and ask for /bigobj for this
file? Who should approve such decisions?

Thanks,
Gabor