[llvm-dev] Windows /bigobj

Gábor Márton via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 17 07:12:12 PST 2018

Hi,

Recently one Windows build bot failed by my commit, because the obj file
being generated is too big:

C:\ps4-buildslave2\llvm-clang-x86_64-expensive-checks-win\llvm\tools\clang\unittests\AST\ASTImporterTest.cpp
: fatal error C1128: number of sections exceeded object file format limit:
compile with /bigobj

Is there an LLVM policy to limit the maximum size of the generated obj
files?
If not then I suspect the only solution is to turn on /bigobj on the build
bot, right?
(Of course, I could refactor the cpp file to several smaller ones, but how
do I know where to cut it?)

Thanks,
Gabor