[llvm-dev] DebugInfo proposal: Emit an explicit empty address range on CUs with no code addresses

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 17 06:42:48 PST 2018

Seems reasonable to me.
--paulr

From: David Blaikie [mailto:dblaikie at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 3:35 AM
To: Adrian Prantl
Cc: llvm-dev; Jonas Devlieghere; Robinson, Paul; Eric Christopher
Subject: Re: DebugInfo proposal: Emit an explicit empty address range on CUs with no code addresses

Looks like I argued (& then tested) previously for support for the case where the CU has no ranges, but sub-DIEs do: http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2017-November/119131.html

(Just for the record, LLVM gained support for CU ranges were implemented r197776, December 2013 (& shortly after that became the default in r203968, March 2014 - in the 3.5 release) - looks like GCC got this somewhere between GCC 4.1 and GCC 4.4 according to godbolt testing, so on/before March 2012 I think)

So I've gone ahead and committed this change in r349333 - open to further discussion, reverting it, etc.

- Dave