[llvm-dev] Disabling LLVM_ATTRIBUTE_ALWAYS_INLINE for development?

Brian Gesiak via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Dec 16 20:07:45 PST 2018

Thank you all! I'm glad I asked. I'll look forward to seeing the
patches and RFC.

In the meantime, I tried unconditionally defining
LLVM_ATTRIBUTE_ALWAYS_INLINE as blank, and this solves my problems. I
did a quick-and-dirty time comparison of check-llvm with and without
LLVM_ATTRIBUTE_ALWAYS_INLINE, and saw a slowdown of less than 1%, and
when I tried my lldb example above it worked.

- Brian Gesiak