[llvm-dev] Debug info for CUDA code

treinz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Dec 14 15:31:01 PST 2018

Hi Valentin,

I haven't been able consistently to get line information of device code with `-g -O0`, sometimes `cuda-memcheck` can tell which line triggers the error but not always. `cuda-gdb` can only trace back to the kernel launch. Is `--cuda-noopt-device-debug` the option you mentioned to turn off ptxas optimisation? What's the difference between that and simply `-O0`?

Thanks for helping me out!