[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] RFC: Modernizing our use of auto

Piotr Padlewski via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 6 02:12:51 PST 2018

I agree with George here, the current implementation of modernize-use-auto
<http://clang.llvm.org/extra/clang-tidy/checks/modernize-use-auto.html> uses
pretty much the same rules as described in our coding standards which we
all agree on, mainly:
- iterators (begin, end)
- cast expressions
- new expression

Ofc there are more cases where type is obvious and where we would like to
use auto, but automating the part that modernize-use-auto can do is enough
to cover most of the cases.

Cheers
Piotr

czw., 6 gru 2018 o 08:46 George Burgess IV via cfe-dev <