[llvm-dev] RFC: Supported Optimizations attribute

Reid Kleckner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 3 11:37:36 PST 2018

Replying on llvm-dev, since I mainly want to brainstorm the IR attribute
name...

This attribute is really a promise that the IR in this function obeys
certain invariants. In this case, it's that every virtual pointer load uses
a particular pattern to support a C++-specific optimization. That suggests
a name something along the lines of "lso_invariants" (language-specific
optimization = LSO) or "opt_invariants_preserved". What do you think of
those names or that direction?